We offer full Q Ride Assessments throughout the Sunshine Coast.
The 5 Steps to Q Ride
- Obtain the correct licence
- Ring Queensland Motorcycle School to book your Qride Assessment
- Complete Q Ride assessment and training course
- Receive your Certificate
- Queensland Transport licence requirement
1. Obtain the correct licence
As a minimum requirement to apply for Q Ride Assessment you must hold a current class RE motorbike learner licence.
You must also have held a car licence for a minimum of one year.
For a class R motorbike (unrestricted) licence, you must have held a class RE provisional or open licence for at least 12 months.
Getting Your Learner’s Licence:
Simply get yourself down to your nearest Queensland Transport Office and fill in the motorcycle learner application form and answer 30 multiple choice questions (follow link below to practice before sitting test)
2. Ring Queensland Motorcycle School to book your Q Ride Assessment
Phone 1300 666 273 or 0412 577429
3. Complete Q Ride Training and Assessment course
Q-Ride is a competency based training and assessment programme. Your Q Ride course runs for approximately 5 hours and consists of both theory and practical riding situations.
Queensland Motorcycle Schools Qride Course is designed to be informative, relaxed and fun all while being safe in the knowledge you are being trained by a fully qualified rider trainer.
Qride RE course >
4. Receive your Certificate
When you have demonstrated you are competent in all of the Q-Ride competencies, you will be issued with a competency declaration (Q-Ride Certificate).
5. Queensland Transport licence requirement
Before you can ride unaccompanied on your motorbike, you must take your current licence and Q Ride Certificate to a Queensland Transport customer service centre to apply for your motorbike licence.